Joining the System Dynamics Society
The System Dynamics Society is open to all individuals. The annual (calendar year) membership fee is based on income according to the following table.
|Income Level||Print and Electronic SD Review||Electronic SD Review only|
|$ 8,000 – $20,000||$45||$35|
|$20,000 – $40,000||$60||$50|
|$40,000 – $70,000||$95||$85|
|$70,000 – $100,000||$120||$110|
|Income not specified||$150||$140|
When you join or renew, please select the appropriate tier. This selection is up to you. We do not require income documentation, nor are you asked to disclose the exact amount of your income. Income used in the determination should be your personal gross (before tax) income converted into US dollars at the prevailing rate of currency exchange. Income is intended as a proxy for ability to pay. If your income does not adequately reflect that, for example because your spouse has a significantly higher income, or your employer is paying for your membership fee, you may choose a different tier.
Membership includes a subscription (four issues) to the System Dynamics Review. In addition, other membership benefits include:
- Access through a membership key to the Review online, all current and past issues;
- E-toc (electronic table of contents) email alerts for new Review publications;
- Discounted registration fee at the annual research conference;
- Preference given to members for conference scholarship and conference volunteer positions;
- Enhanced networking with access to our exclusive searchable online Membership Directory;
- Eligibility to purchase hard-copy back issues of the Review;
- 10% discount on books sold by System Dynamics Society
- Special 35% discount on books published by John Wiley & Sons;
- Eligibility to borrow Beer Game boards through the Society’s loaner board program;
- Contact with others in the field through occasional mailings, and through the electronic System Dynamics Newsletter;
- Member support from the Society office;
- And the privilege of voting in all elections, standing as an officer or as a member of the Policy Council, and nominating members for office or for service as a member of the Policy Council.
It is simple to become a member…
ONLINE Use this link to join or renew for 2017 online. You will come to a Login Page. Please use your email address and password (same as for the conference submission system). For more information about renewing and paying online, please contact the Society office. To join or renew for 2016, please use this form.
System Dynamics Society
Milne 300 – Rockefeller College
University at Albany, SUNY
Albany, NY 12222, USA
PHONE your membership and credit card information to: + 1 518 442 3865
E-MAIL your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org (not secure)
About the Society
The System Dynamics Society is an international, nonprofit organization devoted to encouraging the development and use of System Dynamics and systems thinking around the world. With members in seventy countries, the Society provides a forum in which researchers, educators, consultants, and practitioners in the corporate and public sectors interact to introduce newcomers to the field, keep abreast of current developments, and build on each other’s work. What is System Dynamics?
System Dynamics Society
Roberta Spencer, Executive Director
Milne 300, Rockefeller College
135 Western Avenue
University at Albany
Albany, NY 12222 USA
Phone: +1 (518) 442-3865
FAX: +1 (518) 442-3398