risk assessment and SD

This forum is for discussion of topics related to System Dynamics. You must be logged in to post but anyone who has registered on the System Dynamics web submission system may post. Note that there may be a delay of a working day or two after registering before you can post anything.

risk assessment and SD

Postby Richard Dudley » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:46 am

A student from food science recently asked about the relationships between SD and risk assessment in which he has already had some coursework. Can someone suggest some quality resources/papers he might access to learn more about this?

Richard
Richard Dudley

Re: risk assessment and SD

Postby Giuseppe Noce » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:33 am

I haven't paper or other on risk assessmente and SD but i am looking it (specialy on montecarlo tecnique and SD) so i appreciate very much if someone can help me in this study

Giuseppe
Giuseppe Noce

Postby Leonard Malczynski » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:21 am

Giuseppe,
I don't have a paper reference but the SD tools have some of these features.
Powersim Studio has a risk analysis and risk assessment feature that makes use of Monte Carlo techniques and LHS.
We use those features quite a bit.

Len
Leonard Malczynski

Postby Robert Eberlein » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:56 pm

Definitely look at "Statistical Screening of System Dynamics Models" Andrew Ford & Hilary Flynn, System Dynamics Review, Vol 21, Nu 4, 2005

There are a number of publications related to that. Also check out the System Dynamics bibliography on this website.
Robert Eberlein
Site Admin

Return to Open Discussion