few days remain before the start of the 1st INTERNATIONAL SYDIC WORKSHOP on System Dynamics Modeling to be held in Rome on next 21st-22nd January 2014.
We are sending out this last reminder before the event starts, in order to advise you that there are still some seats available to assist the workshop in presence, so we would suggest all of you who have not done it yet to register online through the Workshop's website (http://www.systemdynamics.it/workshop2014/
) possibly by the end of this week, so to allow us to organize the event's logistics at our best.
Moreover, with this email we would like to communicate about another very important initiative that we have decided to put in place just during the last days, as also requested by many of you who could not physically attend the workshop in person due to various issues (travel constraints, time allowance, budget availability, etc...), especially for those living abroad in quite far countries.
Upon such many requests, we have decided to allow such people to follow the workshop via online web streaming. One of our sponsors, Unified Communication, has provided us with this service, which as of today is an absolute innovation in the context of events organized by the System Dynamics Society. Thus:*** FROM TODAY, YOU CAN ALSO REGISTER FOR WEB STREAMING ACCESS TO THE WORKSHOP ***(see workshop website, on the registration page, for all related info)
This means that of course it will only be in passive mode (so it would not be possible to have the paper materials, to access coffee breaks and lunches and to take part in the modeling hands-on session on the second day), but all the same we believe that it is going to be a great opportunity for those who had to give-up traveling to Rome in order to attend the Workshop.
For all those who have registered or will register in the next few days, we will follow-up with a personalized communication suggesting:
- Updated program (already available on the Workshop Website)
- Access credentials (for those following the event in streaming mode)
- directions to get to the Workshop Venue
- information on preliminary activities (needed software or laptop) and/or propaedeutic readings/etc.
Last but not least, we wish to inform all of you that we have realized the final version of the Workshop's brochure, that you can download from here: (http://www.systemdynamics.it/workshop20 ... hevole.pdf
We look forward to see you all in Rome on Tuesday! We really believe that you will enjoy the Workshop!
Stefano Armenia(President of the System Dynamics Italian Chapter)
We'd like to thank the following sponsors and partners for supporting the Workshop Organization
- The International System Dynamics Society (http://www.systemdynamics.org)
- The Department of Computer, Control and Management Engineering “Antonio Ruberti” (DIAG) of the “Sapienza” University of Rome (http://www.dis.uniroma1.it)
- NESEA Srl (http://www.nesea.it)
- Business Systems Laboratory (http://bslab-symposium.net/2nd.Internat ... e.2014.htm)
- Greenwood Strategic Advisor AG (http://www.greenwood-ag.com/)
- Engineering Ingegneria Informatica SpA (http://www.eng.it)
- Unified Communication (http://www.u-comm.eu)