System Dynamics E-Communities
Join the discussion!
General issues in the field – The purpose of the forum is to make it easier to communicate, and especially to follow different discussion threads. To access the forum click on the sdforum logo.
Content may be read without logging in, but you must be logged in to post.
Anyone who has registered on the System Dynamics web submission system may post. To log in, use your email as the log in ID and the same password used in the web submission system. If you have forgotten your password, go to the submission system login page to reset it. Note that there may be a delay of a working day or two after registering before you can post anything.
Announcements can be posted to a number of topic areas including job openings, upcoming workshops, conferences, awards, and publications. If you have, or come across, news of interest to the broader system dynamics community, we encourage you to post it here. Open Discussion in the forum is for all topics related to system dynamics. The open discussion forum is not moderated, therefore anything you post will be visible immediately.
|Join us on LinkedIn||Like us on Facebook||Follow us on Twitter|
Email Distribution Lists
- K-12 school issues:
To subscribe send an email to email@example.com with only “subscribe k-12SD your full name” in the message body.
- Spanish language communication:
Send an email (without a subject) with the message “subscribe firstname.lastname@example.org” to email@example.com
- Policy Informatics Network:
To subscribe send a blank email message to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- System Dynamics Indonesia Group:
To subscribe send an email message to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
Click here for more information.
- K-12 school issues:
- K – 12 Education: Creative Learning Exchange
- Overviews and Links: http://www.vensim.com/resource.html
- Introduction to System Dynamics: http://www.systemdynamics.org/DL-IntroSysDyn/index.html
- Jay Forrester: “strategy+business” magazine article “The Prophet of Unintended Consequences” by Lawrence M. Fisher. For access, one must register with email address, a password, and name.)
- Systems Wiki: http://www.systemswiki.org/
- Oral History of the SD Society: http://www.systemdynamics.org/oral-history/
- MIT Sloan School of Management, Management Flight Simulations: https://mitsloan.mit.edu/LearningEdge/simulations/Pages/Overview.aspx
- System Dynamics Lab at Virginia Tech Tutorials: http://www.sdl.ise.vt.edu/tutorials.html
- Tom Fiddaman’s Model Library: models.metasd.com
- transentis management consulting: Business Prototyping Blog
- The Systems Thinker: Containing a completely free library of 800+ System Thinker articles
- Videos of Historic Interest: All videos can be found at http://mit150.mit.edu/multimedia/collection/35/
- See It Now: Jay W. Forrester and the Whirlwind Computer (1951)
- Making Electrons Count (c.1950)
- Jay Forrester Killian Award Lectures
- 16th Killian Award Lecture #1 (1988) – Jay W. Forrester, “The Common Foundation Underlying Physical and Social Systems…”
- 16th Killian Award Lecture #2 (1988) – Jay W. Forrester,”The Common Foundation Underlying Physical and Social Systems…”