ReThink Health, an initiative of The Rippel Foundation
|Background of Organization
||The Fannie E. Rippel Foundation was founded in 1953 to support innovations in health and health care. Today, the Foundation is working toward transformative system-wide changes by catalyzing changemakers to reimagine and transform health. Through our flagship collaborative initiative, ReThink Health, we help leaders identify and overcome barriers to reform at a regional level, as a critical step in a nationwide influence agenda. Our vision is that all systems affecting health should be designed, led, and financed in ways that foster healthy people and thriving communities. Leveraging resources from the Rippel Foundation, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, the California HealthCare Foundation, the Georgia Health Policy Center, Telligen/CMS, and many others, we have developed a large and intentionally diverse project portfolio to support our mission. At the center of our approach are the Pathway for Transforming Regional Health, the ReThink Health Dynamics Model, and an integrated focus on Stewardship, Strategy, and Sustainable Financing, which help us—and the leaders we work with—frame what can be accomplished and determine how to get there. As a committed learning organization, we do not profess to have all the answers. We continuously learn from and collaborate with others to envision, prototype, and test solutions. Capturing, sharing, and applying our learning internally and with others in the field, as well as evaluating the impact of our efforts, are core components of our work.
||Desired start date is as soon as possible. Salary range is commensurate with experience. The Rippel Foundation offers flexible working arrangements and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and life insurance, 401k, commuter benefits, parking, flexible spending accounts, and more.
||Senior Project Associate, Strategy
||ReThink Health seeks a Senior Project Associate to join the ReThink Health Strategy team. This is an exceptional opportunity for an enterprising individual with strong project management capabilities and a passion for broad-based institutional change. You will help to develop a robust suite of activities related to our portfolios in Dynamic Modeling and System Strategy. You will assist in facilitating engagements with leaders in diverse contexts as they strive to transform the health ecosystem in regions across the U.S.
This is the right position if you:
- Possess superb interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Appreciate both the dynamic and democratic dimensions of large-scale system change.
- Are comfortable using evidence and quantitative tools to raise larger questions about system-wide stewardship, strategy, and financing.
- Concentrate on facilitating group processes and building capacities in others.
- Conduct focused, fast research into complex topics.
- Manage multiple priorities with impeccable attention to detail and are comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Bring a clear voice in written and verbal communications.
- Take independent initiative to explore opportunities or to challenge conventional wisdom.
||As the Senior Project Associate for Strategy, you must enjoy the world of ideas, show excitement to engage in strategic and systems thinking, be comfortable in the sphere of finance, and be passionate about transforming the U.S. health system. You must be committed to ReThink Health’s goals and able to forge a strong partnership with the Director and other team members to ensure all project deliverables are met with the highest standards. You must be highly flexible, organized, and able to translate complex ideas and recommendations into practical terms with understandable outcomes in a fast-paced, limited-structure environment. You must be comfortable and confident in being the principal point of contact for project related communications.
- Master’s Degree (MBA, MPP, MPA, MPH, or related degree).
- Minimum 5 years of work experience.
- Exceptional quantitative and research skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), including comfort facilitating groups.
- Capacity to work independently, anticipate needs, seek clarification, and proactively surface areas for improvement.
- Experience coordinating, managing, and evaluating large, complex projects.
- Comfortable working with and managing the development of web-based models and tools.
- Knowledge of and experience with regional health systems, health policy, public health, and the national health-care system.
- Comfort with concepts of creative financing and sustainable design.
- Prior experience with Vensim, Forio Epicenter, Endnote, Evernote, WordPress, Survey Monkey, QuickBase, and other software platforms.
||Working with the Director, other Project Associates, a team of expert independent contractors, and members of the ReThink Health team, you will:
- Work with multi-sector leaders to devise sound organizational strategies, supported by dynamic modeling.
- Co-design and help to facilitate interactive Strategy workshops in diverse contexts.
- Conduct research on health policy, organizational strategy, and financing to assure that the ReThink Health Dynamics Model remains current and well-grounded in evidence.
- Conduct continuous environmental scans and literature reviews, curating relevant content and circulating findings with clear analyses.
- Participate in or lead special projects as needed.
Business and Proposal Development
- Provide client support and relationship management for external projects, including regional projects and academic courses.
- Coordinate internal project teams, including support for knowledge management.
- Create clear workplans to assure accountability and streamline processes for team members and sub-contractors.
- Monitor projects to assess progress and quality, offering recommendations for improvement.
- Track budgets and expenses for the entire portfolio of Dynamic Modeling and System Strategy.
- Document project procedures and share lessons or stories to influence the wider field.
- Assure completion of routine evaluation processes.
- Help plan large group meetings and retreats.
ReThink Health Team Member
- Respond to inquiries related to dynamic modeling and organizational strategy.
- Assess new project opportunities and provide feedback to management.
- Draft proposals and provide support to the Strategy team and the VP of Strategic Partnerships.
- Help enrich and enact ReThink Health’s overall organizational strategy.
- Participate in internal meetings and be a fully involved and contributing member of the team.
- Attend external conferences, meetings, and gatherings related to moving the mission and contributions of the organization forward.
||ompetitive compensation, based on experience
||Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Careers@rippelfoundation.org
The Rippel Foundation is committed to a diverse workplace. We offer all candidates equal opportunity for employment and advancement based on their ability and without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, civil union, domestic partnership status, gender identity and expression, learning disability, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, familial status, genetic information, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, or other classification or characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law. All employment decisions will be made on a nondiscriminatory basis so as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity
Last edited by BB -
[ Back to the homepage ]