Environmental SIG was established in
2002 as a Special Interest Group of the
System Dynamics Society.
The Group is interested in systems of any scale that
involve human activities and their natural
environment. We seek to investigate and comprehend their
dynamic behaviour, and find beneficial interventions in
our human-created and managed systems, and
implementation processes that contribute to sustainable
Areas of Interests
- Environmental Policy and Planning
- Environmental resources and resource management
- Sustainability and sustainable development
- Interaction of humans with the natural environment
- Environmental impact of urban sprawl
- Hierarchical organisation of the environment
- Resource consumption patterns
- Human behavioural change
- The "Carbon Neutral Conference" project has been proposed at the last meeting. More
information under the documents link.
- Subscribe to the group's discussion list sdsustain
- Check that your details on the members page are correct!